Palaeolithic diet expert Dr Lauren Cordain brings you his second book centred around the dietary habits of our Palaeolithic ancestors.
Cordain promises that you will lose weight and feel better on this diet. He maintains that nature intended us to have a simple diet consisting of: lean meats, poultry, fish, seafood, fruits (except dried fruits) and all vegetables except potatoes and corn. The diet focuses on high-quality, low fat, protein foods. The book is full of interesting information regarding the basics of Palaeolithic diet and has 150 appetising recipes to get you started on this new regime.
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a healthier lifestyle without having to give up eating meat.
Recipes in The Paleo Diet Cookbook include:
- Asian Slaw With A Hint of Coconut
- Braised Leeks In Shallot & White Wine Reduction
- Southern Style Paleo Wilted Collard Greens
- Spicy Sesame Kelp Noodles
- Eggplant and Basil Saute
- Zesty Julienned Vegetable Stir Fry With Ginger & Orange
- Wild, Cedar Plank King Salmon
- Roast Split-Breast Chicken With Fennel & Cherry Tomatoes
- Dried Apricot Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- River Trout With Carrots, Leeks, Celery & Garlic
- Bison Steak with Caramelized Onion
|Author||Lauren Cordain, Ph.D|
|Publisher||Wiley Publishing, Inc|
|ISBN||978 – 0– 470 – 91304 – eight|